Wednesday 30 November 2022

Blaine Reed Meteorites For Sale- List 255 Meteorite Jewelry 30Nov2022

Blaine Reed Meteorites
P.O. Box 1141, Delta, CO 81416
Ph/fax (970) 874-1487
brmeteorites@yahoo.com

LIST 255 - November 30, 2022

Dear Collectors
Here is a selection of meteorite jewelry. I don’t normally have much in the way of jewelry as I aim primarily for the collector and jewelry is more for a “retail” (basic public) market. I suspect, if I pick back up doing more smaller retail shows, this stuff might actually do pretty well sales-wise. However, I realized that it also just MIGHT be something some of you out there might like for gifts/ Christmas presents for friends and family (these, for the most part, are far nicer than my usual simple “Campo” pendants and similar that I have had as my usual “jewelry” offerings).

I am not sure where these came from exactly, I just know that they are made from either etched pieces of Munuionalusta or Seymchan (that have been coated with Rhodium I was told, but I am not certain of that fact. I just know that they have been plated and, as such, should hold up nicely).

The pieces (in groups) offered below are really kind of a selection of styles and sizes I have of this stuff. Of coarse, being that jewelry is an “eye of the beholder” thing, I WILL try to send anyone asking for a particular size and style below the actual piece(s) in the photograph they ask for. However, just so nobody thinks that they “missed out” for waiting a day (or three, or a week or…..) before responding and asking about a piece, I should have PLENTY of pieces that are VERY similar sized and shaped to any of the things below. 

Click on image to enlarge.

GROUP ONE:
These are what I generally call my “basic” pendants (but still a nice step above my usual Campo pieces). These have an etched slice or chunk of iron meteorite that is hung on a basic wire ring or a basic two-piece bail.

Top Row: Munionalusta (most on simple wire ring);
a) 2.0g - $8, b) 3.8g - $15, c) 4.4g - $16, d) 7.9g - $25, e) 8.4g - $27

Bottom Row: Seymchan on two piece bail:
a) 2.7g - $11, b) 4.6 - $18, c) 5.6 - $20, d) 8.9g - $30, e) 13.6g - $50

Click on image to enlarge.


GROUP TWO:
These are the ones that I call me “fancier” pieces. These have extra additions to them that make them more than just an etched slice hanging from a ring or such.

Top row: Seymchan “wire wrapped”.
a) 4.8g - $25, b) 6.1g - $30, c) 7.1g - $35, d) 8.6g - $40, e) 12.8g – $60

Middle Row: Munionalusta “fancy edge”. These have a neat hammered braided chain piece welded around the entire edge. These are my personal favorites of this jewelry (wish I got more of these, actually, but they were the most expensive).
a) 5.1g - $30, b) 6.2g - $35, c) 7.5g - $40, d) 6.8g - $40, e) 11.1g - $55

Bottom Row: Munionalusta “Gem-stoned”. The “gem” in these is cubic zirconia (man-made but sure sparkle pretty). The “indentations” are also man-made (NOT natural). These were likely added to add some “character”, more interesting look (kind of resemble a gemstone at first glance) without the expense and trouble of actually adding more gem stones.
a) 5.9g - $25, b) 7.9g - $35, c) 7.9g - $35, d) 9.0g - $40, e) 12.7g - $55

Click on image to enlarge.

GROUP THREE: Bracelets and earrings:
Top Row: Bracelets: a) 76.4g - $250, b) 92.2g - $300 c) -SOLD OUT-

Bottom Row: Earrings - $30/ pair. Let me know which letter (a,b,c,…) you want.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shipping: Shipping rates, right now, have gone up yet again. They seem to have added a "holiday time surcharge". Now it seems that the cheapest I can send a small padded envelope order for is close to $6 at the moment. Regardless, I'll keep the shipping on these (they are small and light weight) at a simple $5 for now for US shipping.

Small overseas orders are around $16 (Canada seems to be right around $15).

I do have a fax machine that seems to work (but I have to answer it and manually turn it on), so overseas people can contact me that way if they must. However, for overseas orders, it probably is best to go ahead and use my brmeteorites@yahoo.com e-mail when possible.